This oven baked honey garlic chicken is super simple, you don’t have to do much except for waiting.
Chicken skin is baked to perfectly crispy; the meat is juicy, tender and flavorful. Serve the chicken hot with rice or any carbs you prefer, voila, an easy and delicious meal.
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 2 chicken quarters
- 1 tsb minced garlic
- 1-2 tbs cooking wine
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- chili powder optional
- 1-2 tsb honey
- Cut the chicken quarters in half, rinse and pat dry with paper towel. Add all the ingredients except for honey.
- Combine and mix everything, make sure the marinade covers chicken evenly. Let stand for at least 5 hr or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, place chicken on a baking rack. Place a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil underneath in case there’s excess chicken fat.
- Combine and mix honey with the remaining marinade sauce.
- Bake chicken for 20 min, brush honey mixture on chicken then continue baking for about 10 min.
- Sprinkle white sesame seeds on chicken and bake at 200°C until the skin is golden and crispy, about 10 min.
- Scoring the chicken will help make the chicken more flavorful
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your chicken and the power of your oven
Serve hot with some veggies and rice/carbs you prefer.
Skin is crispy, meat itself is yet juicy and tender.
This honey garlic chicken is everything you ever wanted if you like sweet and savory food.