I feel like Asian inspired desserts can easily become trendy, that’s why I came up with the idea of baking some black sesame muffins.
The earthy taste of ground black sesame seeds is simply satisfying, especially when the weather is getting cold. Cubed cream cheese adds another layer to the texture of this interesting dessert. These muffins can be your source of happiness.
Ingredients (makes 6 muffins):
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 60g milk
- 15g black sesame seeds
- 85g ap flour
- 1 tsb baking powder
- 65-70g sugar
- cream cheese
- Use any milk you like: milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc.
- Add 15g taro paste to the batter will make the muffins even more scrumptious
- Grind black sesame seeds into powder, combine and mix with flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Soften butter in room temperature, combine with sugar, beat until butter becomes fluffy and has a yellowish-white color.
- Add whisked egg (room temp.) in several additions, make sure the egg is well incorporated each time.
- Add 1/2 dry ingredients, combine and mix with hand mixer.
- Pour in milk and mix with the batter, then add remaining dry ingredients, combine and mix until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter into muffin cups, add cubed cream cheese on top. Bake at 180 C for 25-30 min (or until toothpick comes out clean).
Highly recommend incorporating taro paste into the muffins.
I like eating the black sesame muffins warm, warmth can better release the aroma of black sesame seeds.
When “winter winter” is approaching, these yummy muffins will definitely satisfy your soul… lol
Be your own pastry master