Slightly crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and filled with amazing cheese flavours, Brazilian cheese bread (Pão de Queijo) became popular for a legit reason! It’s tasty, comforting, and utterly easy to make – you only need to mix everything in one bowl, then bake. If you are a fan of mochi, you will love this popular Brazilian dish!
Ingredients (Makes 12 mini ones):
- 110g tapioca flour
- 100g milk
- 1 egg (45-50g without shell)
- 45g vegetable oil
- 20g sugar
- 50-60g grated Parmesan
- You can replace Parmesan with cheddar, mozzarella, etc.
- Add salt to enhance flavour, if desired
- Combine milk and oil in a bowl, stir to mix. Add egg, whisk until smooth.
- Add tapioca flour and sugar, stir until batter becomes smooth.
- Whisk in grated Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the batter into a greased mini muffin tins. Fill up about 80%-90% full. Bake at 200 C for around 20 minutes, until puffed and golden on the outside.
Slightly let cool for a couple of minutes, enjoy when they are warm! Aren’t these golden puffy balls tempting? Pão De Queijo is a perfect snack option, or you can enjoy it with a main dish.
An even easier way to make Brazilian cheese bread? Simply blend everything in a food processor / blender until smooth, and bake!