Egg tuna salad makes a perfect sandwich filling, at least I think. It’s easy to make, high in protein and filling. I added finely chopped celery to this recipe just so it has a more refreshing taste. This egg tuna sandwich takes only about 10 min to prepare in total and will be an excellent grab-and-to lunch for you!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/2 can light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 hard boiled egg (cooled)
- 20 g finely chopped celery
- 1/2 tbs mayo*
- 1/2 tsb dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bread
*Add less or more mayo as you like. But adding too much mayo will make the sandwich not so healthy…be aware.
- Finely chop the celery
- Remove the shell of cooled hard boiled egg. Mash the egg with a fork, or chop it.
- Combine chopped celery, egg, drained flaked light tuna, mayo, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly. And the filling is ready to use!
Voila! An easy, delicious and filling sandwich. Adding celery definitely brings egg tuna sandwiches to a next level. I am sure you won’t regret making this!