Bulgogi is probably one of the most popular Korean dishes in North America. It literally means grilled meat. Pork or beef is first marinated, then grilled on a griddle. In terms of home cooking, a regular pan will do.
With this easy recipe, you can also make savory, spicy, delicious bulgogi at home.
Once again, homemade just can’t be beat…
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g thinly sliced pork shoulder
- 70g sliced onions
- 20g scallions
- 25-30g gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 15-20g oyster sauce
- 4g honey
- 1/4 tsb sesame oil
- 1tbs cooking wine
- 1-2 tsb soy sauce
- 1/2 tsb minced garlic
- 1/4 tsb crushed red pepper
Substitute pork shoulder with pork belly, beef sirloin/ ribeye if desire, about 0.2 cm in thickness.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Mix well by stirring.
- Add thinly sliced pork, sliced onions and scallions
- Mix well, marinate for at least 30 min.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all the ingredients, saute over medium-high heat.
- Cook until meat is fully cooked. Sprinkle sesame seeds if desire.
Spicy, flavorful, this pork bulgogi tastes just as delicious as those found in Korean restaurant. It seems so unnecessary to me to spend money on food which you can cook yourselves…