- 35g all purpose flour
- 1/4tsb baking powder
- 30-35g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lime zest
- 1 large egg
- 8-10g sugar
- 25-35g milk of your choice
Use dairy or non-dairy milk if you want
- Separate egg white and egg yolk. Combine egg yolk with ricotta cheese and lime zest.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and milk, mix well.
- Add sugar to egg white in several additions and beat egg white until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in 1/3 egg white to egg yolk batter. Then pour mixed egg yolk batter back into beaten egg white bowl, fold in. (Checkout how to fold in batter click here)
- Heat a non stick pan, pour batter into the pan when it’s very hot. Cook over medium-low. Cover with a lid and cook for 1-2 min if desire.
- When the bottom becomes golden and small bubbles appear, flip pancakes and cook until both sides are golden.
Having breakfast at home is such a luxury and I cherish it.
Serve pancakes warm with fruits and coffee. This is pure satisfaction.
You can also top pancakes with whipped cream, if you don’t mind the calories 🙂