Recently I‘ve been craving for fries and potato wedges for no reason. Instead of buying them from fast-food restaurants and being sorry for all the calories, I’d rather make my own healthier version of potato wedges/ fries. This time I tried adding one secret ingredient to the baked wedges and they turned out SOOO GOOD! Crispy on the outside while the center remains soft, I’m sure you won’t regret making these healthy oven-baked potato wedges!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 320g potatoes
- 1/2 tbs vegetable oil (olive oil, corn oil etc)
- 1/2 tsb garlic powder
- 1/2 tsb onion powder
- parsley to taste
- truffle salt to taste
*: Normal salt will do too, but the wedges may not be as good. You can try adding Parmesan cheese as well, you won’t be sorry.
- Cut potatoes into wedges, pat dry with paper towel. Add vegetable oil, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley and mix well.
- Spread potato wedges onto a baking tray, make sure they don’t overlap.
- Sprinkle some truffle salt before baking the wedges. Make sure each single piece is seasoned.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 min until the wedges become golden and crispy on the outside.
Serve with protein of your choice. Voila, a well-balanced meal.
These potato wedges are delicious with or without dipping sauce.
Cut potatoes into thin slices will make them more crispy.