Ingredients (serves 1):
- 100g skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 20-25g panko bread crumbs
- 1tsb cornstarch
- 1/2-1 small chili pepper
- salt, pepper, minced garlic to taste
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces, combine with chopped chili pepper, minced garlic, salt, lots of pepper and 1 tsb cornstarch.
- mix well everything with your hand, then add an egg (you can beat the egg beforehand).
- Mix well, let stand for 30 min to an hour.
- Cook bread crumbs over medium-low heat in a small non-stick pan until golden, no oil needed (this step is optional, just to make a better presentation). Let cool.
- Generously coat each piece of chicken with bread crumbs (there will be leftover egg liquid, it’s up to you how to deal with it).
- Place coated chicken pieces onto a piece of parchment paper, bake at 400F for 15-18 min, turn the pieces over halfway.
- Adjust time according to the size of chicken pieces. You can check by poking with a fork.
Isn’t the golden color tempting?
The popcorn is very crunchy on the outside, yet tender and flavorful inside. It tastes 90% like KFC, but much healthier.
Oil free, thus guilt free. This popcorn chicken will definitely satisfy your appetite for junk food. Simply serve with any sauce you like and dive in!