Ingredients (serves 1):
- 100g lean ground beef
- 8g bread crumbs
- 2tbs milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- salt, pepper to taste
- 30g shredded mozzarella (add more if desire)
- Dried parsley to garnish
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix well all the ingredients, form into meatballs. The smaller the meatballs, the quicker they’ll be cooked.
- Heat a little bit of oil in a pan, add meatballs, cook over medium-low heat. Stir occasional so that heat can transmit evenly.
- When the meatballs turn dark brown, add tomato sauce. Simmer for several minutes.
- Add shredded cheese, turn off the oven once it melts. To check if the meatballs are fully cooked, poke a fork into the meatball, no pink color means it’s done.
I used canned tomato sauce for simplicity, but homemade is always more ideal. In terms of spices, you can also add any spice you prefer.
These meatballs are perfect for pasta and bread. Filling, flavorful, yummy.