This light ricotta cheesecake will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth without leaving a strong aftertaste. This dessert is relatively healthy because only little sugar and fat are required. Serve the cake with your favorite yogurt and fruits, it will be a perfect breakfast / dessert option on a hot summer day.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 3-5 g melted butter
- 20 g ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 45-50 g milk
- 10 g sugar
- 35 g pastry flour
Adding lemon/lime zest will give the cake a more refreshing taste
- Combine egg yolk, ricotta cheese, milk and melted butter in a bowl.
- Mix well, then add sifted flour (add lemon/lime zest at this stage as well).
- Stir and mix well the egg yolk mixture.
- Add sugar to egg whites in 3 additions, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/3 beaten egg whites to egg yolk mixture, fold in with a spatula.
- Pour batter back into the remaining beaten egg whites, fold in, do not stir.
- Pour batter to baking pan, bake at 165 degrees C for about 20 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean (I used two 4-inch pans)
Serve with your favorite fruits and yogurt and enjoy.
Guilt-free dessert can be delicious!