Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g steak
- 1tbs oyster sauce
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 small cube of butter
For the frites:
- 250 g peeled sweet potato
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1tsb paprika
- salt, pepper, parsley to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
I used 1-2 cm thick strip steak. You can use higher-quality steak like tenderloins or rib eyes if desire.
Use any potatoes you prefer
- Cut peeled potato into thin slices, cover with cold water and rinse off excess starch.
- Pat dry fries with paper towel
- Add seasoning ingredients and olive oil to fries, mix everything well with hands or tongs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and line fries on a single layer.
- Bake at about 450 degrees F for 20-30 min, depending on the size of the fries.
- If the steak is previously refrigerated, let stand in room temperature. Add oyster sauce and lots of ground pepper to the steak.
- Coat steak with the marinade evenly and let stand for at least 1 hour.
- Coat a pan with olive oil and heat it, add steak when the oil becomes very hot. Cook 2-3 min each side.
- When you flip the steak, add a small piece of butter to boost flavor.
- The secret to making juicy steak: cover it with aluminium foil and let stand for 5 min at least.
Cut the steak after giving it a rest will lock the juice inside the meat.
Highly recommend adding fleur de sel to the steak.