This authentic, delicious sweet corn Basque cheesecake will be the easiest cheesecake you will ever make, period. The silky smooth cheesecake melts in your mouth, and every bite is loaded with pleasant scents of corns. The actual corn kernels inside the cheesecake add a very interesting texture to it.
I am sure you’ve never tried any cheesecake with sweet corn and I guarantee you will be surprised of how good it is. This easy-to-make original sweet corn cheesecake is really a dangerous, addictive creation!
Ingredients (makes a 4-5 inch cake):
- 150 g cream cheese
- 110 g whipping cream
- 40-45 g sugar
- 1 tsb cornstarch
- 1 large egg （about 60g without shell)
- 90g cooked corn kernels
Place all the ingredients in a stand mixer/blender (only use 1/2 corn kernels), blend until batter is smooth
Pour batter into the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, randomly sprinkle the rest of corn kernels over it. Bake at 210 C for 15-18 min.
- Double amount of ingredients if you are making a 6-inch cake; for 8-inch cakes, times 4
- The cake will have a jiggly center, bake for longer if you prefer firmer taste.
- If you don’t have a blender, simply mix everything with a whisk until batter is smooth. However this way the taste of corn will be less obvious.
- For a 6-inch cake bake for 25 min or so; 8-inch 30 min.
- Getting a burnt top is normal, in fact it is called “burnt cheesecake”
Let it cool before removing from baking pan, serve at room temperature or chilled. I like having it at room temperature, it’s smoother and creamier this way.
A silky smooth texture, plus some real corn kernels you can taste, this not so good looking sweet corn cheesecake is really heavenly delicious!