The weather is getting cold recently and my body has been craving warm, delicious Thai curry. Green curry has always been my favorite curry, it’s creamy yet not too rich, savory and slightly sweet.
Cooking is all about balancing different tastes.
I’m sharing in this recipe 2 secret ingredients that will make your curry extra scrumptious, WANNA GUESS?
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g chicken
- 1/2 small onion
- 2-3 small potatoes
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1-2 tbs green curry paste
- 1 tsb peanut butter
- 1 tsb fish sauce
- basil (optional)
- Mixing 1 tbs cooking wine and cornstarch with chicken(cut into bite-sized pieces) will lock the juice in chicken, thus make it tastes more tender (this is optional thought)
- Brands of green curry paste vary, thus taste may vary too. Following is the green curry paste I used for your reference:
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions, saute until onions are slightly browned, add chicken and saute.
- Add green curry paste once chicken starts to change color, stir fry for about 30 sec to 1 min (to release the flavors).
- Add coconut milk and potato chunks (half cooked)
- When coconut milk comes to bubble, add peanut butter, stir and mix the ingredients, simmer 5-7 min
- Add fish sauce and simmer for another 5 min or so
- Remove from heat when chicken is fully cooked and potatoes are soft. Add basil leaves and mix everything (optional).
Serve warm, the sauce if perfect for rice/naan/toast/baguette etc.