What can be better than starting your day with light, fluffy pancakes? Frankly speaking, these pancakes are the fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever made. They’re so light that the texture almost resembles a souffle. No butter, no baking powder, no buttermilk needed. With just a few common ingredients, you’ll make the fluffiest healthy delicious pancakes.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 36g all purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites (65g)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 45g milk
- 8g sugar
*Adding 8g sugar only brings subtle sweetness to the pancakes, add more if desire.
- combine and mix milk and egg yolk in a bowl
- add sifted flour and mix well
- Beat egg whites in a large clean bowl, add sugar in numerous additions. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/3 beaten egg whites to egg yolk batter, fold it into batter carefully.
- Pour mixed batter back to egg whites, fold it. The resulting batter is very thick.
- Heat up a non-stick pan, add batter when it becomes very hot. Cook over medium-low heat. Save some batter to add on top of the pancakes if you want to make really fluffy pancakes.
- Add one scoop of batter to each pancake when the bottom is cooked to light golden, then flip.
- Cook until both sides are lightly browned.
Fluffy, light, almost resembles a souffle.
These pancakes have all the attributes of delicious pancakes, except the high calories.