Who doesn’t like crunchy, sweet granola? I find the granola that we can get from grocery stores usually overly sweet, although tasty (sometimes addictive even). So why not make your own healthier version? This basic granola with only 3 main ingredients is so simple and delicious. Serve it with yogurt and fruits and there you go, healthy breakfast made easy.
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 90g rolled oats
- 1.5 tbs honey
- 1tbs corn oil (or coconut oil)
- ground cinnamon optional
- a handful of aliced almonds
- a handful of dried fruits
（main ingredients in bold, you can use any dried fruits and nuts you like）
- Combine oats, cinnamon, oil, honey and almond slices in a bowl, mix with a fork
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer evenly on a baking sheet, bake at 325℉ for 25-35 min
- Stir halfway through
- Stir in dried fruits (I used raisins and dried cranberries) immediately after taking the granola out of the oven. Let cool before serving. The granola will become crispy once it’s cooled.
Serve with yogurt, milk, fruits, etc.
Homemade is always better. That’s a belief I’ve always held.