I am actually obsessed with earl grey tea-infused baked goods. I find that adding earl grey tea bags into cupcakes or cheesecakes will level up the aroma. This time I tried to incorporate earl grey tea into scones. They turn out SO good. Love the subtle and unique taste! Try making them and you won’t regret.
Ingredients (makes 4 small)
- 30 g butter (cold)
- 120 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsb baking powder
- 16-20 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 60 g milk/almond milk
- 1 earl grey tea bag (about 3g)
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, earl grey tea, baking powder. Add cubed COLD butter. At the meantime, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix butter and dry ingredients with your fingers until coarse chunks form.
- Add milk/ almond milk, mix ingredients roughly with a spatula, do not overmix.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface, roll into a sheet (about 0.5 cm). Do not knead the dough.
- Fold in half, then repeat rolling+folding once or twice.
- Cut into pieces（about 1.5 cm thick).
- Bake for 10-15 mins until golden.
Serve with jam, clotted cream or creme fraiche. I used creme fraiche, so good.
The classic: scones + jam. Love it!
Looove this! Can’t wait to try it out 🙂
Hope you like the scones!