This easy tomato noodle soup with beef is so easy, yet delicious and nourish. As the weather gets colder and colder, what’s better than a bowl of noodle soup on a chilly, lazy, late autumn day?
Although instant noodle is yummy and sometimes almost addictive, why bother buying packaged instant noodles when you can quickly fix yourself a bowl of soup noodle with ingredients that are way better?
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 serving noodles you like
- 150g very ripe tomatoes
- 100g thinly sliced beef
- 1 handful of enoki mushrooms
- 250-300 ml unsalted broth/water
- 1 tsb each light soy sauce, cooking wine
- salt, pepper to taste
- Heat 1/2 to 1 tsb oil in a saucepan, add diced tomatoes, saute over medium heat, press tomatoes with spatula occasionally.
- When tomatoes almost become a paste, add hot water / broth, bring to boil again, then add noodles and enoki mushrooms.
- Add beef slices, cooking wine and soy sauce when noodles are almost fully cooked. Remove saucepan from heat when beef are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately, add chopped scallions and fried onions if desire. I would recommend making yourself a sunny side up egg. Mixing the runny egg yolk with noodle and soup is so satisfying.
Easy to make, only one pot required, healthy and delicious. This tomato soup noodle with beef is total comfort food.
Chinese version here