French toast, pancakes and crepes are probably the most regular “visitors” to my breakfast table. I serve them with different toppings every time, that’s why it’s very unlikely I’d get tired of them.
Today I’m sharing a simple (as always) recipe of blueberry & cream cheese stuffed French toast. Serve it immediately and you can feel the blueberries burst in your mouth. I won’t describe how delightful that feeling is because I want you to experience it yourselves.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner you know, wouldn’t this warm and sweet French toast be a perfect start of the day for your beloved ones? Or yourself?
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 slices toast
- 15 g cream cheese
- a handful of blueberries
- 1 large egg
- 15-30 g milk
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- White bread or brioche recommended for making French toast. It tastes odd with whole wheat bread (healthier, but much less delicious).
- I used light strawberry cream cheese, goes well with blueberries.
- Spread cream cheese evenly on one piece of bread, top with blueberries, then cover with the other slice to make a sandwich
- Beat egg, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl
- Dip the blueberry sandwich in egg mixture until all sides are evenly covered (shouldn’t be much leftover liquid).
- Melt butter (up to you how much) in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Place sandwich into the pan and cook over medium heat.
- Flip the sandwich once one side turns golden brown. Don’t forget the sides.
- Cook until all sides turn golden brown. Serve immediately.
Serve warm, top with your favorite fruits and drizzle with honey.
You can feel the blueberries burst in your mouth every bite, what a pleasant mouth-feel!