Ingredients (makes 6 muffins):
White wine apple?:
- 100g apples (I used gala)
- 1 tbs white wine
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsb sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 large egg
- 52g sugar
- 60g milk/almond milk
- 105g AP flour
- 1 tsb baking powder
- 1 tsb ground cinnamon
Muffins made with this recipe are slightly sweet, add more sugar if desire.
- Cut apples into small dices. In a small pan, combine diced apples, water and lemon juice, cook over medium heat.
- Add white wine once the liquid is boiling, stir once in a while.
- Cook until apples become tender, reduced in size and the liquid is fully absorbed. Let cool.
- Let the butter return to room temperature before use. The butter should be very soft. Add sugar to the butter little by little and beat with a mixer until it’s creamy, fluffy and has a yellowish-white color.
- Beat the egg, add it to butter in several additions. Make sure beaten egg is fully incorporated into butter before next addition.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon) into butter mixture. Combine and mix well with a spatula.
- Add milk/almond milk (room temperature) to the batter.
- Mix well everything preferably using a spatula. Mixer is okay too.
- Pour batter into muffin pan/cups (2/3 full), top with prepared white wine apple (slightly press down with the spoon).
- Bake at 170℃ for 25-35 min until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Wait a couple of days before enjoying these muffins! They will become more moist and flavorful afterwards.