Ricotta stuffed shell pasta always looks more tempting than other types of pasta in my opinion, probably because I am a fan of any food with stuffing.
Today I am sharing a really simple recipe of baked shell pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach (a timeless combination).
With only a few ingredients and steps, you could pretend to be an Italian chef at home!
Ingredients (serves 1)：
- 5 pieces jumbo shell pasta
- 80g ricotta cheese
- 15g grated Parmesan cheese
- 50g spinach
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce/ pasta sauce
- parsley, salt and pepper to taste
I used non-salted tomato sauce for this recipe
- Heat a slightly greased pan, add spinach and sprinkle some salt. Stir occasionally (medium-high heat).
- Cook until spinach is reduced by half in size, remove from heat and let cool.
- Chop spinach once it’s cooled and combine with ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and parsley (dried or fresh).
- Mix well all the ingredients with a spoon.
- Cook shell pasta in salted water until al dente
- Add most of the tomato sauce/ pasta sauce to a slightly greased baking pan
- Place drained shell pasta into the pan, stuff shells with spinach cheese filling. Then add remaining sauce on top of shells.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 min
- If using salted tomato sauce/ pasta sauce, be mindful of how much salt to put in the filling
- Add shredded mozzarella on top of pasta before baking will make the dish even more delicious
Add freshly grated Parmesan on top of your ricotta stuffed shell pasta. Serve immediately
Love the texture of the spinach cheese filling!
You can also check out my other Italian recipes: