Chicken tender is one of my favorite snacks as a kid. No deep frying, no oven needed, you can also make crispy, delicious chicken tenders. I still remember the chicken tenders KFC used to offer when I was little (almost 20 years ago). They were spicy, crispy and flavorful, I could never have enough. But those chicken tenders disappeared a long time ago and only existed in my childhood memories. Fortunately I was able to make these healthy chicken tenders that taste almost exactly like the ones offered by KFC when I was a kid.
- 200g chicken breast
- 1tsb or more crushed chili
- 1/2 tbs cooking wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbs flour
- 30-40g bread crumbs
- 12-15g grated Parmesan cheese
* Chili flakes and Parmesan cheese are key ingredients for this recipe
- Cut chicken breast into strips, combine with chili flakes, pepper, cooking wine, salt.
- Mix well. Let stand for at least 30 min.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper in a bowl.
- Coat marinated chicken evenly with flour.
- Coat with whisked egg.
- Finally, coat with Parmesan bread crumbs.
- Heat a slightly greased non stick pan, add coated chicken strips once the pan becomes very hot. Cook over medium-low heat.
- Turn them over once the bottom becomes golden. Cook until both sides become golden and crispy (check by poking with a fork if you want).
Serve with any dipping sauce you like.
Crispy, yet tender inside. Spicy, filling and delicious. These chicken tenders will definitely satisfy your cravings for “junk food” without bringing you the negative impacts of real junk food.