These easy to make chocolate chip marshmallow cookies are literally to-die-for! Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, the cookies loaded with chocolate chips and gooey marshmallow pieces are also loaded with happiness.
Sometimes adding a little twist to traditional cookie dough makes all the difference! These cookies are definitely calorie bombs, but you need to treat yourself once in a while 🙂
Ingredients (makes 20 8-cm cookies):
- 200-210g all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 140 g butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 80g sugar
- 80g brilliant yellow sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120g chocolate chips
- 60g marshmallow
- coarse sea salt (topping)
- I recommend using dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, or cut dark chocolate into chunks, so that the cookies won’t be overly sweet.
- Cut jumbo marshmallow into 1-2 cm pieces. I find that mini marshmallow melts too fast and may not be ideal for baking.
- Either brilliant yellow sugar or golden yellow sugar will work.
Combine butter (softened at room temperature) with sugar, beat until smooth and fluffy.
Add beaten egg and vanilla extract, mix until fully incorporated.
Add mixed dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt), gently blend ingredients together at low speed or using spatula. Finally, add chocolate chips and marshmallow, mix well with a spatula. Refrigerate dough for at least 24 hours.
Roll 35g of dough into a ball, place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leave space in between. Add a pinch of sea salt on top of each cookie. Bake at 175 C for 12-15 minutes, until slightly golden brown around the edges. Let cool before serving.
Cookies are very soft fresh out of the oven, be careful transferring them to the cooling rack. Better transfer along with the parchment paper so that they won’t deform.
Looking at these pictures makes me hungry and craving more of these heavenly delicious chocolate chip marshmallow cookies.
My words are too limited to describe how good they are. Once you try, you will know.