These stove-top Korean beef short ribs are so easy to make, yet too good to be true! Using only a few ingredients, you can make flavorful, finger lickin’ good spicy beef short ribs (or Galbi in Korean) that taste just as good as those found in Korean restaurants!
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 250g beef short ribs
- 50g sliced onions
- 1 tbs oyster sauce (≈19g)
- 1/2 tbs Gochujang (≈10g)
- 1 tsb sesame oil
- 1 tsb cooking wine
- roasted white sesame seeds to taste
Gochujang: Korean chili paste
- Place sliced onions, beef short ribs and marinade in a large bowl.
- Combine and mix well all the ingredients. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6h
- Slightly grease a non-stick pan, add onions and short ribs when the pan becomes very hot. Cook over medium-high heat.
- Cook about 5 min on each side (adjust time according to size and thickness of short ribs).
Sprinkle more sesame seeds and scallions on top of short ribs if desire. Serve with rice and veggies you like.
Tender, flavorful, these Korean style beef short ribs definitely won’t disappoint!
More Korean food on Qiu Qiu Food:
Korean Kimchi Beef Dumplings (만두)
Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles)
Korean Cheese Dakgalbi (Spicy Stir-fried Chicken)
Easy Tteokbokki（Korean Spicy Rice Cake）