- 45-50g sweet potato noodles
- 100g beef*
- 4 – 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 40g carrots
- 50g onions
- 20g scallions
- 1/2tsb minced garlic
- 1-2 tbs soy sauce
- 2g sugar
- 1/2tsb sesame oil
- 1tsb cooking wine
- sesame seeds to garnish
*I used thinly sliced ribeye, you may use stripped sirloin
- Reconstitute dried shiitake mushrooms by soaking with warm water. Save mushroom-soaking water for later use. Drain the reconstituted mushrooms, discard the stems, cut into slices.
- For the sauce: combine about 60ml mushroom-soaking water with soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- Boil sweet potato noodles until almost well cooked. Drain and let stand in cold water.
- Heat about 1/2tsb oil in a pan, add sliced onions，scallions and minced garlic, saute.
- Add beef and cooking wine once the onions become soft and appear translucent.
- Add sliced carrots and mushrooms once the beef changes color, saute for 1 min.
- Add drained noodles and the prepared sauce.
- Saute until sauce is reduced, add sesame seeds and stir well.
Healthy, filling, delicious. It is a well-balanced satisfying Korean dish that tastes just as good as those found in Korean restaurants.
Yes, homemade just can’t be beat.