The recipe I’m sharing today will bring your muffins to the next level!
These orange crumble muffins are moist and soft, with abundant crunchy crumbles on top and an amazing sweet aroma of orange–perfect for a hot summer day! Say no to ordinary, boring desserts and try making these delicious orange muffins! I’m sure your sweet tooth will be satisfied.
Ingredients (makes 6 muffins):
For the crumble:
- 10 g pastry flour
- 10 g sugar
- 10 g almond flour
- 10 g cold butter
For the muffins:
- 1 large egg
- 60-70 g sugar
- 50 g softened butter
- 85 g pastry flour
- 15 g almond flour
- 1 tsb baking powder
- zest of 1 orange
- 30 g orange juice
- 30 g milk
- Mixed peel optional
- You may replace almond flour with flour for the muffins, but almond flour is irreplaceable for the crumble top
- Adjust amount of sugar according to the sweetness of the orange you use. Orange juice used in this recipe is freshly squeezed.
- Generally, ratio of all ingredients for the crumble top is 1:1:1:1
- To make the crumble top: combine and mix flour, almond flour and sugar, add cubed cold butter
- Mix with your fingers until coarse clumps form. Refrigerate the crumble.
- To make the batter: mix softened butter, sugar and zest of an orange in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar with hand mixers until fluffy
- Add whisked egg (room temp.) in 3-4 additions, ensure everything is well mixed before adding the rest
- Add half of mixed sifted dry ingredients (flour, almond flour, baking powder)，blend at low speed.
- Add milk (room temperature), mix at low speed.
- Add orange juice, mix well at low speed as well.
- Add the other half of dry ingredients. Combine and mix with the mixer.
- You can also add mixed peel to the batter to make the texture more interesting
- Pour batter into muffin cups, top with prepared crumble
- Bake at 170 °C for 30 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean
My room was full of the pleasant smell of butter and orange when I baked the muffins. Another benefit of cooking isn’t it?
How can you resist these light delicious orange crumble muffins really?
You can also try adding blueberries to the batter before dividing the batter into muffin cups.
No more boring desserts!
Chinese Dessert | Brown sugar sticky rice balls
and so much more…