I am not a beer person at all. In fact, I bloat whenever I drink beer ( and all other carbonated drinks), it’s really not a pleasant experience……
The best way to use free beer from promo events? Cooking.
Today I’m sharing this easy beer braised chicken dish. The chicken is super tender, flavorful. Just try making the dish, you won’t regret.
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 5 pieces chicken drumsticks
- 1 medium carrot
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3 scallions
- 1 cup beer
- 1.5 – 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsb oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbs honey/sugar
- dark soy sauce (for the color)
- Debone chicken drumsticks, cut into smaller pieces (to remove the skin or leave it, up to you)
- Heat little oil in a non-stick pan, add minced garlic and chopped scallions (white part only).
- Stir fry garlic and scallions for 1-2 min or until fragrant, add chicken pieces and carrot chunks, stir fry over medium-high heat.
- When chicken pieces change color from pink to white, add beer, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar/honey
- Cover pan with a lid, cook until chicken is fully cooked, add chopped scallion (green parts) and dark soy sauce (for the color only, about 1/2 tsb)
- Reduce the sauce until it’s shiny and thickened
Serve hot with rice!
This beer braised chicken is so tender, flavorful. What an earthy delicious dish!