I’ve actually shared many burger recipes, and this cheese stuffed chicken burger is definitely not among the difficult ones to make.
Making your own burgers saves money, and you actually know what’s inside the burger, so why not?
Be your own Burger King / Queen! Homemade can’t be beat!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g ground chicken
- 1-2 tbs breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbs cooking wine
- 1 tsb grated parmesan
- 1 tsb garlic powder
- salt, pepper to taste
- shredded mozzarella (filling)
I used lean ground chicken, you can replace with ground beef if desire.
Adjust amount of cheese as you wish, as long as you can seal the meat patties.
- Combine and mix all the ingredients except for shredded mozzarella cheese ( I normally hand-mix with food preparation gloves on)
- Shape 1/4 meat into a meat patty, place shredded mozzarella in the middle, then place another piece of meat patty(same size) on top, slightly press the burger so it’s nicely sealed.
- Repeat the previous step
- Heat little oil in a non stick pan, place burgers in the pan and cook over medium-heat. Flip once one side becomes slightly golden.
- Don’t forget the sides too.
- Cook until all sides are golden-brown (you can always check with a fork though). Do not turn the heat too high, the burger will be burnt on the outside and under-cooked inside……
Serve immediately with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, etc., whatever you like.
The cheese oozes out of the burger when you bite it, what a satisfying moment!
Healthy Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Burger