I am such a big fan of pancakes that I always try to come up with different pancake recipes. It’s pumpkin season! Time to make pumpkin everything.
With this simple recipe you can make fluffy, healthy pancakes with a delightful taste of pumpkin. No additional fat added and low in sugar, you will satisfy your sweet tooth without being guilty.
What can be better than enjoying some warm, delicious pumpkin pancakes on a chilly autumn morning?
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 50g pumpkin puree
- 50g milk
- 35g AP flour
- 1/4 tsb baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 8g sugar
- 1/4 tsb pumpkin spice
- Use any milk you prefer, regular, almond milk, etc.
- This healthy recipe makes only slightly sweet pancakes, add sugar if you like
- Combine and mix pumpkin puree, egg yolk, milk, then add sifted dry ingredients and mix well (you may need to slightly adjust amount of milk depending on the pumpkin you use)
- Add sugar to egg white in 3 additions, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold 1/3 egg white into egg yolk mixture （how to fold in egg white click here)
- Fold egg yolk mixture into remaining egg white.The final pancake batter should be very thick
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat, scoop batter onto the pan (divide into 4-5 pancakes). Cover with a lid for couple minutes (slightly oil the pan if desire)
- Flip pancakes once once side becomes golden brown and cook until both sides are golden-brown.
Serve immediately with your favorite fruits, drizzle honey/maple syrup etc.
The pancakes alone are under 300kcal. With the toppings the dish can still be under 400kcal.
So satisfying, yet not guilty at all.