Here is another simple recipe of pancakes, with a demo video shot and edited by my friends 🙂 These pancakes are more moist than the ones made with the recipe I posted yesterday. No oil or baking powder needed, nevertheless delicious. BGM: waltz for hulot- mamerica
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 large egg
- yogurt (I used low fat) 100g
- 35g pastry flour
- 5-10g sugar (adjust based on personal preference)
Directions: (basically the same as oil free fluffy pancakes)
- Separate egg yolk and egg white.
- Add egg yolk and yogurt to flour and mix well
- Beat egg white with a hand mixer at high speed until foamy. Add sugar in 3 additions and beat till firm peaks form.
- Add 1/3 beaten egg white to egg yolk mixture, gently fold egg white into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture back to the beaten egg white, fold it. Mixing them all at once will also work. The batter should be thick if properly mixed.
- Heat a slightly greased pan, pour batter into the pan once the pan becomes very hot. Cook with medium-low heat.
- Once bubbles appear on the surface of pancakes, carefully turn them over.
- Cook until both sides are golden.
love how fluffy these look! ? i normally don’t whip an egg white for pancakes, but i’m thinking i should try it!
and you won’t regret! Much healthier than the ones made w/ baking powder 🙂 hope you like it