These oil-free pancakes are so fluffy and healthy. Making pancakes for brekki has almost become my morning ritual. They will keep you awake, filling and energized for a whole day! Serve them with fruits, yogurt, honey, maple syrup or whipped cream and enjoy!
35 g Pastry flour
1/4 tsb Baking powder
7-10 g Sugar
1 large Egg
40-45 g Milk*
*: you can use almond milk or soy milk if you like
- Separate egg yolk and egg white. Mix baking powder and flour.
- Add egg yolk and milk to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Beat egg white with a hand mixer at high speed until foamy. Add sugar in 3 additions and beat till firm peaks form.
- Add 1/3 beaten egg white to egg yolk mixture, gently fold egg white into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture back to the beaten egg white, fold it. Mixing them all at once will also work. The batter should be thick if properly mixed.
- Heat a slightly greased pan, pour batter into the pan once the pan becomes very hot. Cook with medium-low heat. Remember to save some batter for later(this is my tip for making really fluffy pancakes).
- Once bubbles appear on the surface of pancakes, add approximately 1 spoon of batter to each pancake and carefully turn them over.
- Cook until both sides are golden.
Serve with any fruit you like! Yum!
Tip: To make chocolate/ matcha pancakes, simply substitute 2-3g of pastry flour with cocoa/matcha powder.
The texture of these oil-free pancakes is drier than conventional pancakes, thus I recommend serving them with fruits/ honey/ maple syrup/ yogurt etc. They are nevertheless delicious and hearty. Making these for breakfast is one reason that gets me out of my bed each day.
Try adding blueberries to the batter, you won’t regret 🙂
[…] Directions: (basically the same as oil free fluffy pancakes) […]