McDonald’s just released a new item in the China market: the cheese-stuffed chicken burger. This new burger has since created a buzz among people in China. Cheese-stuffed burger is actually not that hard to make. This non-fry burger recipe is much healthier than that of fast food restaurants, but nevertheless delicious.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 100g ground chicken*
- 20g cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1tbs cornstarch
- 1tbs cooking wine
- salt to taste
- lots of black pepper
- a pinch of garlic powder (optional)
- 8-10g bread crumbs
- 1 burger bun
- veggies of your choice
* Use any type of protein you prefer, such as beef, pork and shrimps.
- Combine ground chicken with cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cooking wine.
- Mix and stir in the same direction until you can feel the resistance increases. The mixture should be sticky.
- Place half of the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap, place cheese in the middle.
- Place the other half of the meat mixture on top. Shape into a meat patty with the help of the plastic wrap, so that your hands remain clean.
- Cover meat patty with bread crumbs.
- Slightly grease a non-stick pan, add meat patty and cook over medium-low heat.
- Turn it over when one side becomes light-golden. Press with a spatula to help transmit heat.
- Check if it’s fully cooked by poking with a fork.
Crispy, satisfying, filled with melted cheese. It gives you the pleasure like junk food, without all the calories and additives.