Golden and crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside, these cod fish cakes are both delicious and healthy. The dish only requires a few common ingredients, and is very easy to make. The cod fish cakes are definitely a crowd pleaser. For those who are trying to eat healthy, these cod fish cakes – high in protein and healthy – can also be a great main option.
Ingredients (serves 1-2):
- 150g cod fillet
- 1 egg
- 30g carrot
- 20-30g breadcrumb
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- salt, pepper to taste
- Pat dry cod with paper towel, sprinkle salt on both sides of fish, refrigerate for 24-48 hours. Then finely chop the fish, or process into a rough paste with a food processor. Combine cod fish with egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, finely chopped carrot and ground pepper.
- You should be able to easily form the mixture into a ball with your hands. Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture is very sticky.
- Portion mixture into patties (adjust size to your liking). Coat the bottom of a non stick pan with oil and heat to medium-high. Cook fish cakes over medium heat.
- Cook fish cakes until golden brown, then flip sides, cook about 5-8 minutes per side (adjust timing according to size)
- Other than carrot, sweet peas and corns will also work for this recipe
- If you like a more ‘al dente’, bouncy texture, use shrimps instead
Read Chinese & English version
Other healthy recipes