It was actually surprising to learn that Dutch baby pancakes have nothing to do with Dutch…Anyways, I really like the texture of Dutch baby pancakes: fluffy and light on the edges, dense in the middle. You can load the pancake with any fruit you like, therefore not much sugar is required really.
This low-fat version of Dutch baby pancake is easy and delicious. It doesn’t even require a cast iron pan like it normally does.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 5 g unsalted butter
- 35 g flour
- 60-65 g milk
- 10 g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 drops pure vanilla extract
- Put a baking dish in the oven (not too shallow or big), preheat oven at 410°F.
- Combine egg, milk, vanilla extract.
- Stir well, add sifted flour.
- Stir until the batter becomes smooth and creamy.
- Melt the butter in the hot baking dish once preheating completes (careful handling the baking dish).
- Pour batter into the hot baking dish as soon as the butter melts, put back into the oven and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Bake until it’s golden. The edges should puff up.
- Serve with fruits or simply sprinkle icing sugar.