This easy, healthy recipe will probably be my go-to pumpkin muffin recipe for a long long time. Pumpkin muffins made with this recipe are moist and light, and they have such a pleasing golden color. What can be better than starting your day with some warm, healthy and yummy pumpkin muffins? Without loading your muffins with butter/ oil and sugar, you can still make delicious, satisfying pumpkin muffins.
Ingredients (makes 6 medium muffins):
- 1 large egg
- 90g ap/ pastry flour
- 125g unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbs milk of your choice
- 42g sugar
- 1 tsb baking powder
- 15g raisins (optional)
- ground cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice (optional)
This recipe will make slightly sweet muffins, add more sugar if desire.
- Combine and mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine pumpkin puree, egg, sugar, oil and milk in a bowl. Stir and mix.
- Sift dry ingredients into pumpkin batter. Mix all the ingredients with a spatula, do not over-mix.
- Add raisins or any other dried fruits/ nuts you like, stir in.
- Divide and pour batter into muffin pan. Sprinkle sliced almonds, rolled oats, etc. on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 35 min (until toothpick comes out clean).
The color makes me hungry already. One thing that needs to be noted is that it might be difficult to separate the muffins and paper cups when they’re hot, because little fat was added. It will be easier to separate them once the muffins are cooled down.
Lightly sweetened, fluffy, filling, yummy and healthy. Who can resist these pumpkin muffins?