Who doesn’t like s’mores? Why not have some flavors of s’mores for breakfast too? I tried combining s’mores and French toast and the stuffed s’mores French toast turned out so good! The melted marshmallow and chocolate ooze from the French toast when you cut it, gooey and tempting.
Indulge yourself with this easy s’mores French toast, it’s so tasty that you just won’t care about the calories anymore.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 sliced bread of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 25-30 ml milk
- 2-3 marshmallows
- 2-3 pieces Lindt dark chocolate
- I used regular sized marshmallows (approx 2 cm each), mini ones work too
- You may substitute chocolate with Nutella or other chocolate spread
- Cut marshmallows in half, place them on a slice of bread (sticky side down). Place chocolate on another slice of bread.
- Form a sandwich by pressing two slices of bread together. Whisk together egg and milk, dip sandwich in egg mixture.
- Heat a small non stick pan, melt a small piece of butter, add the sandwich coated with egg mixture and cook over medium-low heat.
- Flip the sandwich when the bottom side is golden brown. Press with a spatula/ press if desire
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
Easier way to cook:
- Make two slices of regular French toast, top one slice of bread with marshmallows and chocolate.
- Place the other slice of bread on top, turn off the oven. Slightly press with a spatula/press and cook with remaining heat until marshmallows begin to melt.
Top with ice cream and syrup if desire.
Eat when it’s still warm.
One word is enough to describe this s’mores French toast: heavenly.