As the weather gets colder, I started to crave deep-fried junk food more and more often, especially fried chicken! If you also want to satisfy your cravings for junk food without feeling too guilty, try this simple no-fry crispy chicken, a healthier alternative to its deep-fried counterpart.
The dish is super easy to prepare, and the chicken is absolutely scrumptious. Crunchy on the outside, the meat is both juicy and flavorful. Yes, healthy food can be delicious!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 250g boneless chicken thighs (with or without skin)
- 1-2 tsb ground chili pepper
- 1 tsb garlic powder
- 1-2 tsb grated Parmesan
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- flour, breadcrumbs for coating
- Pat dry chicken thighs with paper towel, add ground chili pepper, garlic powder, grated parmesan, salt and pepper, mix well. Make sure chicken is coated evenly with seasoning ingredients. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Beat egg in a bowl. Put flour and breadcrumbs in separate plates. Coat each chicken piece with flour, egg liquid and finally breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken on a baking rack, bake at 200C for 20-25 minutes (adjust time according to size of your chicken), flip sides halfway through cooking.
Crispy, juicy, loaded with flavors, this no fry spicy chicken is tasty by itself, you can also serve it with any dipping sauce you like, or make it into a burger!