I love fusion cuisines. This type of cuisine can hardly be boring because it incorporates elements from different parts of the world. I tried baking chicken wings using western cooking techniques and then coating them with Chinese sweet and sour sauce.
They turned out so delicious that I just wanted to lick my fingers. The skin of chicken wings was baked to perfectly crispy, the taste of the sauce was just well balanced. Who can resist these crispy chicken wings coated with flavorful sweet and sour sauce? Not me, that’s for sure.
Ingredients (serves 1-2):
- 300g chicken wings
- 1 tsb baking powder
- 1 tsb chili powder
- 1 tsb garlic powder
- For the sauce
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1- 1.5 tbs white vinegar
- 50ml water
- scallion, white sesame seeds to garnish
- Rinse chicken wings, pat dry with paper towel. In a large bowl, mix chicken wings with baking powder, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Mix all the ingredients with hands, make sure chicken wings are evenly coated with the dry ingredients.
- Line chicken wings on a baking rack, place a baking sheet below the rack. Bake at 200 °C
- Bake for about 30 min at 200 °C, flip side after 15 min. Then bake at 220 °C for another 10 min until wings are crispy and golden.
- Combine and mix soy sauce, sugar, white vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Cook the sauce in a small pan until the sauce is reduced and sticky.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce, chopped scallion and white sesame seeds to crispy chicken wings.
- Coat chicken wings with the sauce using tongs, serve immediately.
Sprinkle chopped scallions and more sesame seeds on top.
The skin is super crispy, the sweet and sour sauce is perfectly balanced.
winner winner chicken dinner
Healthy Crispy Chicken Drumsticks
Korean Cheese Dakgalbi (Spicy Stir-fried Chicken)
Healthy Non-Fry Chicken Tenders